What is dual licensing?
Dual licensing is a business model. Give everyone free permission to use your software in some ways, and sell permission to use the software in other ways.
For example, a developer might allow noncommercial use of their software for free and charge for commercial use, or allow use in open source projects for free and charge for use in closed.
Dual licensing is sometimes called “selling exceptions”.
Who is dual licensing?
Missing someone? Send a pull request or send an e-mail!
- Active Endpoints, Inc. (ActiveBPEL)
- Artifex (Ghostscript)
- Coherent Graphics Ltd (Coherent PDF Command Line Tools)
- Compiere (ERP)
- Ettus Research
- FFTW (MIT)
- JOOQ (Runtime) (Meta) (Codegen)
- Magnolia CMS
- Metafizzy (Isotope) (Flickity)
- Nmap Security Scanner
- OPC Foundation (UA)
- Oracle (formerly Sleepycat) (Berkeley DB)
- Particular Software (NServiceBus)
- Pixelglow Software (macstl)
- Sangoma (Asterisk)
- ScientiaMobile (WURFL)
- Sendmail, Inc.
- SugarCRM (Sugar)
- Technical Pursuit (TIBET)
- The Qt Company (formerly TrollTech AS) (Qt)
- VideoLAN (x264)
- ZeroC (Ice)